🚀 The Book in 3 Sentences
- Learn how to write and publish books
- Teaches you how to structure a story
- Life tips for how to be a writer
The book was ok... it focuses on being a WRITER a lot, writing fiction and non-fiction.
I was looking for something that would show me to write better blog posts, not sure this books helped me to that, but it did show me what it means to think like a writer.
How I Discovered It
Curtis McHale (YouTuber who mainly focuses on iPad Productivity) recommended the book for anyone who would like to learn how to write better.
Who Should Read It?
People who want to be writers and publish stories and books.
☘️ How the Book Changed Me
How my life / behaviour / thoughts / ideas have changed as a result of reading the book.
- It showed me how to think like a writer, how the story matters and how people look for a story that they can relate to
- I knew writers are emotional people, but not to the extent that the books shows
- It did however, show me how to write better, even if the book did focus mainly on writing stories and publishing
✍️ My Top 3 Quotes
- “The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something," said Randy Pausch in his "Last Lecture." "The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They're there to stop the other people."
- Imagine the history of creativity as one living species. Each artist inherits the work that came before him, evolves it in his own way, and leaves a legacy for the next generation to learn from. Your influences influence you, and you'll influence others. Your inherent creativity adds a layer of originality to what exists already, and this mixture creates your voice.
- You as a writer are now You Inc. This business will be easier to run, more organized, and more successful if you train yourself in the skills businesspeople rely on to pay their bills. Henceforth, you are all of the following: - Secretary - Salesperson - Marketer - IT Tech - Accountant - Project Manager - CEO