What WoW Taught Me
Apr 15, 2021
I have been playing a bit more games recently and I realised something, playing WOW during my teens thought me a lot
LPT: Sometimes it helps to think of life as a MMORPG. Facing a setback? Totally normal-it's part of the game. No way forward? Explore your surroundings. The game mindset allows you to take a step back from difficult situations and think about them strategically, and with clear-eyed objectivity.
36.7k votes, 1.0k comments. Like a bird's-eye view and you're playing with Monopoly money. Edit: now considering trademarking The Game Mindset /s
When i was a teenager I had an addiction, and it was wow,
- How it was popular with my friends
I was pondering the other dya and thinking about my days of playing World of Warcraft and the influence it might have had on me...
This is gonna get strange, I will try and relate stuff from WoW to my current situation working as a DevOps Engineer???
- auction house, money
- daily quests, how small things accumulate over time
- reputation, doing things for people gains trust
- leading dungeons and raids, how hard it is to manage people
- different classes are different types people and how you need a mix of personalities to achieve goals
- addons/macros were just tools to increase dps/hps
This was strange, but fun, maybe I will more of these types of posts in the future, who knows
Cover Photo by NAME on Unsplash